Thursday, June 9, 2011

Every Mommy has a Sick Day...

I was a bad mommy yesterday.

Correction.

I was a sick mommy yesterday.

So, so sick.

Worst headache of my life, which led to extreme nausea and vomiting.

I spent a great portion of the day in my darkened room with the fan on and a washcloth over my eyes.

The kids came in once and awhile, gave me sweet kisses, little hugs, and a get well soon card.

I would grunt in response, roll over, and try to go back to sleep.

I was feeling guilty.

Especially when I could hear my little baby Rielynn crying “mama, mama?” in the kitchen, and my husband responded “Mama is sick today.”

Oh…if only my head would stop throbbing…if only I could keep the ibprofen down long enough so it could do its job…

Surely I could get a “pass” on being a good mommy for one day, right?

Yes.

This morning I was so excited to see my kids and spend time with them that I actually woke their silly little butts up.

I know, crazy right? What kind of mommy would actually go and wake up her kids in the morning? Usually I would never do such a thing!

But I did today.



When I woke up Elle, her little brown eyes popped open and she yawned. “Are you still sick, mommy?”

“Nope. Do you wanna have some breakfast? And then we can play?”

She hopped up, pushing the hair out of her eyes. “Yes, yes yes!!!”

I was a bad mommy yesterday. A very, very sick mommy.

But I’m a good mommy today. And every other day. J




Photobucket

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

NO!
You were not a bad mommy yesterday!
Migraines are a very real thing, and they are no joke.
Debilitating. Im on a twice daily medication for my migraines. I was getting 3 a week! How can a mommy function like that? Dont ever let those thoughts that you are a bad mommy sneak into your head, or your heart sweet friend!
Im soo glad you are feeling better today!

Anonymous said...

i love this!! we compare ourselves so much as women and mothers and are so quick to be down on ourselves. beautiful thoughts - thank you for sharing.

p.s. this is a BEAUTIFUL blog. did you MAKE this?

ilene @ muchloveilly said...

i'm sure you weren't a bad mommy, just a sick one. glad you feel better today :)

love ya - muwah!

Emily said...

y'all are so sweet. your right, maybe "bad" isnt so correct..."sick" is more like it. ;)

Miss Layla... Ambrosia Clark designed my site, shes just amazing! shes over at www.ambrosiaclark.com check out her sweet site!