Monday, June 6, 2011

Pools, Pee, Casey Anthony and Adele

See this pool?


We got this pool for the girls from Walmart on Saturday. I was very pleased with the price tag ... $25 ... and it's actually alot bigger than I thought it would be. (Gotta love Walmart...)

A trip to the Dollar Tree for some cheap pool toys, floaties and balls...and the kiddos were good to go.

Except...Saturday was too busy to spend the time puttting the pool up and fill it, so we did it late Sunday night. By the time it was filled, it was dark and chilly out. (Plus the water was ice cold!) Although my four year old kept bravely dipping her feet in the water and stubbornly telling us "It's not too cold. I won't be cold. Please...please...please...let me swim?!" (We didn't let her.)

I consoled her by telling her first thing Monday morning (today) she can swim in the ice cold water til her fingers fall off from frostbite. I'm expecting it to be another sunny, beautiful day and....

We are under a thunder-storm watch this morning. It's gray and gloomy (but warm) outside.

Supposedly after it rains its going to be 85 and humid. They can swim then. Since the pool will be even colder thanks to the rain-water!!

Remember being a kid? Wanting to swim so badly you didn't care you were shivering from the cold water? AHH...good memories. ;) We were so brave as children.

A side note ** whenever we take our kids out anywhere, I get the craziest/sweetest looks and comments from strangers. Why, you ask? Because my little Elle considers herself Mariah Carey and she literally sings non-stop from the time she wakes up until she goes to sleep. She can really belt it out. When we were at the Dollar Tree in search of pool toys, the lyrics of choice were "Be confident....be confident....you can use the pogo stick if you really try hard. BEEEEE.........CONNNFFFFIDENNNTTT.......daddy will let you jump jump jump...." She was singing this over and over. (Some of the lyrics are soo darn hilarious I must write them down so I can embarress her in front of her prom date.)

Those particular lyrics were hitting a nerve for the shoppers. I had two women and one man during the course of that one shopping trip tell me that they hadn't laughed so hard in days. One lady told me she nearly peed her pants.

((Well one thing my kids are good for...a good pee-inducing laugh!))
 Gotta love it.

Another side note *** Is anyone else captivated by the Casey Anthony trial? I'm obsessed. I followed the story in '08 on Nancy Grace when it was actually happening. Now I'm watching the trial as much as I can squeeze it in. Fascinating.


One last side note **** I am also obsessed with the Adele c.d. '21'

Oh my goodness...this womans voice is awe-inspiring.(( No wonder my little girl sings at the top of her lungs  ... she listens to Adele all day! ))

This c.d. is totally worth the price tag.

xoxoxo


Photobucket

3 comments:

ilene @ muchloveilly said...

little pools in the backyard are a part of some of my favorite childhood memories. love this!

and yes i'm obsessed with Adele too - great CD!!

Anonymous said...

I.Love.ADELE!
And Im expecting to see a video of your sweet Elle singing!!

Unknown said...

forget embarrassing her for prom, hello rehearsal dinner!! Grab a video of that, I seeing crowd pleaser!