Friday, May 27, 2011

Crafting "On the Cheap"

Hello Beauties!
Today I want to share my Jo-Ann Fabrics haul with y'all (hey that rhymes!) :)
Crafting does not have to break the bank.
I had about 20 bucks to spend.
Heres what I got.


6 Fabric Quarters. They are 18" by 22" and they provide enough fabric for me to make several yo-yo flowers and rosette barrettes...tutorial to come!
Best part...on sale for $1.29 each quarter.

KI Memories "hip chip" Chipboard stickers ...99 cents. (45 stickers!)
Studio 112 Pillow Stickers ... 99 cents (36 stickers!)


Studio 112 Adhesive Chipbooard stickers...99 cents for 7 pieces
Studio 112 Dimensional stickers...99 cents for 11 pieces (I especially love these big buttons...pull some fibers through the big holes and stick to a tag for some cute embellishments!)


Studio 112 Simply Tags. Each one has 24 adorable, totally use-able tags. I like to hand-write most of my journaling, so I use alot of journaling tags. Each pack of tags was ...you guessed it, 99 cents. I got 5.

Patterned paper was on sale for 20 cents a sheet. I got 5 sheets. Cute, right? I especially love the paper with the little tiny shoes.

Studio G card and envelope sets. Each set comes with 8 cards and 8 envelopes. And at 99 cents a pack, these are a great deal.

I do NOT have a large budget for my crafting hobbies. I literally only have about 20 bucks a month...yes, thats right....A MONTH to spend. Finances are tight.
So each month I'll share with you my haul.
Crafting does not have to be expensive! Believe me, I wish I had hundreds to spend on my crafting. I could go crazy at these stores. You have to look for the sales, use the Michaels 40% coupon, and make your own embellishments.
For more ideas, check out the Crafting section of my blog.


This picture is a little dark, but this is where I do my creating. It's a corner of our bedroom. You don't have to have alot of space to enjoy crafting, either!

Happy Crafting! :)
Photobucket

5 comments:

Mikelle Jade said...

these are great finds. And I love your little crafting corner :) I can't wait to go to Joanns this weekend and pick up some fabric-- I am going to make some pillows for our sofa. I can't wait to see what you make!

Emily said...

Ohhh.....sofa pillows. I really, really, really wanna make some of those.
I'm relatively new to sewing, but I'm catching the "sewing bug" for sure!

How did you learn how to make the pillows? Im sure theres a tutorial for them somewhere on the web.

Share pictures after you make them! I want to be inspired :)

BTW, you are so pretty. Those wedding pics are to die for.

ilene @ muchloveilly said...

yay for crafting!!! so fun :) love your workspace :)

p.s. loving the blog. it's looking so good!

Emily said...

AWW thanks ilene! love u tons and tons!

i need to get your button up on my blog!!!!!

Amy @ Keep'n The SunnySide said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog Emily. I'm happy to have a new follower, and I'm following ya right back. I too LOVE to craft on the cheap. If I cant upcycle or do it on the cheap, its not for me. BTW.. you would be amazed at much you can do with those fat quarters!
I like to make zippered wristlets with 2.