Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Blogs i Heart

This week, I discovered the great, exciting world of mama blogs. Not just any blogs. Mama blogs.

What is a "mama blog" you ask?

Simple. A "mama blog" is a blog written by ... and for ... mamas.

You know, these days I've got two little ones and a husband to care for and feed, as well as a home to keep clean and somewhat organized. Somedays I just need a little encouragement.

Gods Word is the ultimate encouragement. But I've also found some encouragement on these mama blogs. Check them out, even if your not a mama. :)

Naptime Diaries     my favorite blog. By far. I can SOO relate to Jessi, her marriage, 3 babies, and her desire to be healthy and live a great life.

Mama Peas    Mama Peas used to be a lawyer and a meat-eater. Now shes a stay at home mom with a book coming out about her gradual transistion from meat-eater to vegan. Great, healthy recipes.

The Pioneer Woman  I've been a fan of Ree and her site for much longer than a week. I love love love this site. The photography, Ree's hilarious stories, the amazing, (not so healthy) recipes.  Its great.

Ambrosia Clark  A mama who loves charity and paper crafting

Mama Manifesto  A few mamas run this blog together. Inspiration, funny stories, and recipes. Addicted to this one.

Faith Blogs  The mama blog mothership.

There are also some great blogs that wouldn't exactly be under the heading of a mama blog, but they are still 100% worth checking out!

Much Love-illy   This blog is AMAZING. It's all about fashion, art, and beautiful crafty,eclectic clothing. It was created by my wonderful friend Ilene. Ilene was my RA during my time at Moody Bible Institute, and during that year she also mentored me. I have many wonderful memories with this beautiful lady. (Plus, she's been my main inspiration for my own blog and etsy shop!)

KHB Photography This is the blog and photography site of one of my dearest lifelong buddies, Kristin. She's the best photographer I know, and we're also involved in our own crafting buisness which we are developing this summer together.

Pinterest   If you've never been to this site, its hard to explain it. It's basically a place to organize all of the beautiful pictures on the web for inspiration for crafting, cooking, etc.etc.etc. If you like this site, let me know because you have to be "invited" by someone to get involved in the fun. Exclusive, right??!! :)

These blogs and sites are a good place to get started. I'll share more cool blogs as I find them. Have a beautiful, ((rainy for me  )) Wednesday!

xoxo
Mama Emma :)

8 comments:

ilene @ muchloveilly said...

such a great list of blogs!! i'm a huge fan of Pioneer Woman and Pinterest. (i could be on both for hoooouuuurs!).

and thanks for the shout-out. you are too sweet. miss you and our craaaazy times!! we have so many memories. (haha - remember our gyrofads?!)

Anonymous said...

You are too sweet! Thank you for the shout out ;]
You are too sweet!! I cant believe I fell into the same post as the Pioneer woman! hee~hee

Now, we need to do something about that white bar across the top of your blog. Would you like help with your sweet blog design??

Emily said...

Ambrosia...I simply cannot figure out how to get rid of that white bar! some help would be fantastic, as you can see I'm very new to this! BTW ... your blog is so pretty. I'd love any advice !! xoxo

Anonymous said...

Have you played around in the template designer?
It looks like there is a transparent white layer over your whole background. We must fix this =] I can help you tomorrow!

Anonymous said...

I just looked at your background on the site you got it from and its definitely not translating right onto your blog. This will be an easy fix since your blog is so new and you dont have a ton of stuff to tweak or move around and such.

my email is: ambrosiaclark@yahoo.com
email me so I can have your email addy and we can chat about your blog design that way. It will be easier =]

The Cat Hag said...

I love such blogs too!

I find all mothers an amazing superwoman in their own right for all the things they do in the short span of one day. :)


xoxo,
Addie
The Cat Hag

Mindy Harris said...

welcome to blogland. enjoy. thanks for commenting on my little ole blog.i hope i make it on your fave list soon. xoxo

Emily said...

Thank you everyone for the support!!
Ambrosia : Im emailing you now...
Mindy...I found your site after I had made the "list" ... but you would have DEFINATELY been on it! :)